We are looking for a communications professional to join Minesto in our mission to build a global company that contributes to a sustainable future by providing renewable electricity generation from the ocean. Working both strategically and operationally, your will take lead to spread the word about Minesto’s cutting-edge technology and its potential to a wide range of stakeholders, to accelerate the company’s commercial agenda. You will take on a key role in creating a new industry sector based on a unique technology – a both rare and challenging opportunity.
Minesto is a world-leading marine energy technology developer with the mission to minimise the global carbon footprint of the energy sector by enabling commercial clean electricity generation from tidal streams and ocean currents.
Minesto’s award-winning and patented product, a subsea kite technology called Deep Green, is applicable in vast ocean areas where no other known technology can operate cost effectively, giving Minesto a global market potential.
The company was founded in 2007 as a spin-off from aircraft manufacturer Saab. Today, listed on Nasdaq First North Growth Market with around 60 employees and operations in Sweden, Wales, Northern Ireland and Taiwan, Minesto is a driving force in the creation of an emerging renewable ocean energy industry.
The role encompasses strategic and operational responsibility for the company's communications efforts both externally and internally. In close collaboration with the CMO, CEO, CFO and the business development team you will be a key contributor to achieve commercial objectives and to position and build the Minesto brand.
We seek a candidate that is able to take on a broad range of responsibilities, including:
- Developing and executing communications and marketing strategies and plans
- Press and media relations (international context)
- Stakeholder dialogues and public affairs Investor relations and Regulatory compliance
- Market and industry research
- Content creation
- Internal communications and employer branding
The position reports to the group CMO.
We are looking for a high performing communications and marketing professional with a flexible mindset and a commercial approach. You have a talent for converting complex and technical information to compelling stories in a corporate context, and to deliver these stories in a most efficient manner. You are just as comfortable providing internal communications support as you are representing the company in external environments. You understand the commercial implications of policymaking and business-to-business marketing.
- Master’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communication or other relevant education
- Minimum 5 years demonstrated experience within the area of communications and marketing in a corporate environment
- Skills in business-to-business communications and brand-building
- In-depth understanding of communicating to the capital market and its regulatory context.
- Excellent communications skills in English & Swedish – both verbally and in writing
- Strong IT skills
- Experience from energy-related industries or from a technical environment
- Experience from publicly listed companies
- Photo and video editing in Adobe Creative Suite
Working at Minesto is an opportunity to be part of something that can make real change in the global battle on climate change. We are a pioneering developer in one of the world’s most expansive and dynamic industries.
As Communications Manager at Minesto, you will play a key role to elevate the company’s commercial agenda. You will have great opportunities to influence and develop the role and its responsibilities in an international, entrepreneurial environment.
More information and apply
The role is a full-time position based at Minesto’s head office in Gothenburg (Nya Varvet, Västra Frölunda) but will require international travel.
We collaborate with PS Partner in this recruitment process. To apply for the position, click here.
We will continuously evaluate candidates before deadline, so send in your application as soon as possible.